2015-17 NABJ Board of Directors Student Representative Application
Deadline: Tuesday, September 15, 2015
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE – Serves as liaison between the Board and the student members of NABJ. Works with the Board in such manner as the President shall direct and performs such other duties as outlined in the Board Operating Procedures Manual.
INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a current NABJ membership in good standing at all times.
• Attend board meetings scheduled throughout the year and during the convention. Attendance may also be required at regional conferences, committee/task force meetings and functions, such as special events.
• Provide written report of goals and achievements to the board of directors before meetings.
• Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
• Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
• Inform others about the organization.
• Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
• Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field.
• Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies. Board members must never use information gained through his/her position for personal gain; and must always act in the best interests of the organization.
• Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements. The board member is trusted by the public to manage donated funds to fulfill the organization's mission.