SAVE THE DATE!
2013 NABJ Convention & Career Fair
July 31- August 4, 2013
Gaylord Palms Convention Center & Resort
Registration Opening Soon!
About the Gaylord Palms
Just Completed: A $50 Million Resort Renovation!
Gaylord Palms has elevated the guest experience to a new level by creating two new spectacular pools, a one-of-kind new multi-level dining venue, extraordinary new amenities and activities, modern new guest rooms, and over-the-top new DreamWorks experiences that even an "ogre" would enjoy!
Resort Overview and Design
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is a total destination resort offering world-class meeting facilities and exceptional service from its 1,500 STARS (employees in Gaylord-speak). Situated on 65 acres, the Florida-themed resort features 1,406 guest rooms (106 suites, nine Presidential suites), restaurants, unique shops, an award-winning spa, recreation and an adjoining convention center. Gaylord Palms is reminiscent of a grand Florida mansion and draws from classic Florida architecture. The comprehensive theme reflects and brings to life the state's history, culture and natural beauty. The signature architectural feature is the resort's soaring 4.5-acre glass-enclosed atrium where guests discover a variety of themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine and the Everglades. Resort highlights include a replica of the Castillo de San Marcos, a Key West-inspired Mallory Square and the famed "River of Grass." Thousands of tropical plants and several species of animals including alligators and stingrays native to Florida inhabit the resort.
Convention and Meeting Facilities
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center can accommodate meetings for groups of all sizes. A dedicated convention center adjoining the resort offers 400,000 square feet of convention, meeting and exhibition and pre-function space. Three ballrooms and meeting rooms, including a 178,500 square-foot exhibition hall, are conveniently located on two levels and connected to the resort by an enclosed walkway. Small groups, including corporate meetings, may enjoy the more intimate setting of Emerald Bay.
Designed to be its own "hotel within a hotel"; Emerald Bay offers upscale amenities, including accents to all the 362 guest rooms, such as marble entries, elegant elevated beds and crown molding. Emerald Bay's meeting facilities provide an elegant and more intimate board-room style environment.
Specially designed technology is built into all phases of the resort's operations. Interactive, touch- screen maps are located throughout the property and a state-of-the-art Wi-Fi network can be accessed in guest rooms and in all public areas.
The resort's business center is operated by industry leader, FedEx Office. Services include copying and printing, document binding, notary services, packing and shipping, office equipment rental, large document reproduction and common office supplies. The center offers 24 hour email access, printing and copying for hotel guests.
Spa & Fitness Center
- Relâche Spa & Salon, one of only two spas in Orlando designated in 2012 as a Four Star spa by Forbes Travel Guide and awarded Best Spa by Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine, offers an extensive menu of services featuring several signature massages and salon treatments exclusive to Relâche, as well as the skin reviving Intraceuticals Oxygen Facial Treatment.
- Relâche Fitness Center, designed by Life Fitness, offers a full array of cardio, strength, functional and free weight fitness equipment. Large floor to ceiling windows provide beautiful views of our resort area and LCD personal viewing screens and HDTV monitors provide entertainment options during workouts!
Restaurants and Lounges
- Wreckers Sports Bar, Key West-inspired neighborhood sports bar and entertainment venue featuring a two-story, 37' sports screen and more than 50 HDTVs! (Lunch, Dinner and Late Night Entertainment)
- Old Hickory Steakhouse, offers the highest quality Certified Black Angus aged cuts and fresh seafood prepared using distinctive cooking methods. (Dinner) NEW! Private dining room for up to 18 guests.
- Sunset Sam's, a Key West Grill, and its towering 60-foot sailboat, features New World Floridian cuisine in a fun and festive setting. (Lunch, Dinner)
- Villa de Flora, Mediterranean chef's table offering a fresh and seasonal buffet menu inspired by Mediterranean cuisine. (Breakfast, Dinner, Sunday Brunch)
- SORA, a modern sushi bar and lounge. Featuring eclectic, fusion inspired cocktails and handcrafted drinks. (Dinner)
- SandBar, poolside bar and grill serving up American favorites and ice cold beverages. (Lunch, Dinner)
- Java Coast®,the neighborhood coffee bar and market, offers on-the-go bistro fare for breakfast, lunch or dinner – along with a selection of beer and wine. (Open 5:30am – 1:00am)
- Häagen-Dazs®, delectable Häagen-Dazs ice cream and sorbet from the purest and finest ingredients.
On-site Recreation and Golf
- South Beach Pool, an adult-only, ultra-chic oasis featuring a sophisticated design lined with tropical palms, poolside cabanas and a dedicated cocktail bar
- Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, an Everglades inspired,multi-level tree house with four waterslides, gurgling springs, oversized water tipping bucket, an outdoor movie theater for animated adventures and live DreamWorks shows
- Coquina Lawn, 10,000 square feet ofgreen spaceperfect for private events or enjoying the fresh air and Florida sunshine
- Located nearby and recognized as one of the top 30 courses in the state of Florida by Golf Digest,Celebration Golf is the official golf course partner of Gaylord Palms Resort
- Brighton® Collectibles – women's accessories and gifts
- Mallory Square Market – gifts, travel accessories, snacks & sundries
- Marketplace News and Sundries – featuring books, magazines, souvenirs, health and beauty aids
- PGA Tour® Shop – best-selling golf apparel and merchandise
- Island Paradise – featuring Florida resort wear and an endless collection of timeless gifts
- Alligator Alley – Florida inspired apparel, stylish accessories and souvenirs