|NABJ is dedicated to expanding job opportunities for our student members and improving the media's coverage of the black community. NABJ annually awards summer internships to students committed to journalism careers. Successful candidates are offered positions in print, broadcast or online disciplines at selected news organizations around the country ranging from small black-owned weekly newspapers to major market dailies and broadcast outlets.
Students are placed in 10-week internships with small, medium and large newspapers, television and radio stations and online news services across the country. NABJ's summer internships give students hands-on reporting, editing, shooting and design experience in professional settings. Most journalism employers will not give permanent jobs to graduates who lack prior internship experience thus, it is essential that aspiring journalists obtain internships in journalism.
NABJ - NBC News Group Summer Fellowship 2016
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!!
Application Deadline: Friday February 19, 2016
|The National Association of Black Journalists is pleased to announce our continued partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal for the NBC News Group Summer Fellows Program. We are accepting applications through February 19, 2016. NBCUniversal will offer students the opportunity to join one of the following NBC programs for summer 2016 as interns:
• America’s #1 morning news program, The Today Show
• The top ranked evening program, Nightly News with Lester Holt
• Our primetime long form news program, Dateline
• Our 24 cable news channel, MSNBC
• Our top rated business news cable channel, CNBC
Students will be paid hourly for 10 weeks and must be willing to live in New York City or its environs for the duration of the internship. NBCUniversal will offer a $2,000 housing stipend available for candidates who reside outside a 50 mi. radius from our Tri-State Area offices. All the internships are located in 30 Rockefeller Center, with the exception of the placements at CNBC, which are located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
NABJ’s national office is looking for interns to assist the full-time staff. Interns will gain experience in day-to-day operations of a national, non-profit membership organization devoted to providing quality programs and member services. Internship opportunities are available year-round.
Interns will assist with the following special events and program areas:
- Convention and Career Fair (Washington, DC 2016)
- Salute to Excellence Awards Gala
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Media Institutes
- Communications/Graphic Design
- Membership Services
- Must be a current NABJ member
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be enrolled full-time at a U.S. college or university
- Must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
- Must major in journalism or a communications discipline
- Must be able to relocate to New York for the full summer internship program. Housing assistance is not provided.
- Cover Letter
- School Transcript
- 5 Work Samples
- 3 References