Mr. Allen CEO of 1016 Media, Director of Marketing for the Business Assistance Center as well as an Account Executive for FedEx Services where is ranked as the Number 7th Account Executive in the USA.
Mr. Allen Alumni of Southern Methodist University-School of Journalism, Class of 1980 and Alumni of University of Texas at Dallas where he was voted into Who’s Who of Colleges and Universities.
Mr. Allen is an award winning public relations expert and was twice voted one of the top 50 movers and shakers in Marketing. He co-authored the best-selling book “Real Mean Cook: Rites, Rituals and Recipes for Living” (Simon and Schuster) and is a Newspaper columnist. He worked as Public Relations Manager for the City of Dallas/Office of Cultural Affairs/South Dallas Cultural Center. He was the Managing Editor at the Dallas Examiner. He increased revenue to $1,300,000.00.
• Co-chair of NABJ’s Associate Member’s Task Force until 2011
• 2011 NABJ Salute to Excellence Award for Public Relations-Award Recipient
• Helped coordinate numerous NABJ Media Institutes, regional conferences and conventions
• Tenure at the Business Assistance Center produced over 42 new business owners, who generated over $1.8 million in revenue in 45 days after graduating from the program
• Serves on several boards and task forces including the University of Dallas’ Graduate School of Management’s Sports and Entertainment MBA Board and the Miller Urban Entrepreneurs Series Business Plan Competition.
• Clients include American Airlines and Proctor & Gamble
I have 15+ years being active in NABJ assisting transitioning Journalists, media related members and local chapters. As the Media Related Representative, I want to usher in a new era of securing transition training for journalist, valuable certifications for NABJ media related members and creating a $50,000 annual operating endowment for the NABJ’s Associate Member Task Force.