Short Course dates: March 16-19, 2017
Application deadline: January 15, 2017
The NABJ Multimedia Short Course at Florida A&M University is a three-day intensive journalism workshop which provides hands-on experience and practical guidance of what it takes to be successful multimedia journalists.
During the Short Course, students will produce a newscast, webcasts, podcasts, video slide shows and related social media sites. They will be instructed by FAMU faculty and experienced industry reporters, news directors, producers, videographers and graphic designers. The students also learn strategies on how to market their skills to secure a job after graduation.
Applicant must be:
- A current member of NABJ
- Be currently enrolled in a four-year accredited college or university
- Majoring in journalism or communication
- Be a junior, senior or graduate student
- Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5
Students who want to participate in this program will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the seminar. Selected students must be committed to participate for the entire program.
Please the following documents ready to upload before beginning the application:
- Cover Letter
- A high-quality professional headshot with a white or black background
- A 200 word summary of your current experience and what you hope to learn
- Resume (one page)
- Un/official transcript (Scanned, low resolution PDF or JPG)
- Contact information for three references (Full name, title, phone number, and email)
- NABJ membership number
- Web links to your most-recent work samples
Applications will be accepted online only.
The application can be found HERE.
Contact Prof. Kalisha D. Whitman at Kalisha.email@example.com for more information.