Information Coming Soon!!!
The NABJ Multimedia Short Course at Florida A&M University is a three-day intensive journalism workshop which provides hands-on experience and practical guidance of what it takes to be successful multimedia journalists.
During the Short Course, students will produce a newscast, webcasts, podcasts, video slide shows and related social media sites. They will be instructed by FAMU faculty and experienced industry reporters, news directors, producers, videographers and graphic designers. Topics covered will include Digital Journalism in the Mobile and Social Media Age, Web Writing and Photo Journalism plus News Package Production. The students also learn strategies on how to market their skills to secure a job after graduation.
Applicant must be:
· A current member of NABJ
· Be currently enrolled in a four-year accredited college or university
· Majoring in journalism or communication
· Be a junior, senior or graduate student
· Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5
Students who want to participate in this program will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the seminar.
Housing and meals will be provided to selected students who live more than 60 miles away from the campus.
Selected students must be committed to participate for the entire program.
Applications will be accepted online only.
This year’s short course includes a slot for a journalism major with web development/coding skills.
Please the following documents ready to upload before beginning the application:
· Cover Letter
· A high-quality professional headshot with a white or black background
· A 200 word summary of your current experience and what you hope to learn
· Resume (one – page)
· Transcript (Scanned, low resolution PDF or JPG)
· Contact information for three references (Full name, title, phone number, and email)
· NABJ membership number
· Web links to your most-recent work samples
· Specify if you have web development experience and with what programs if you are applying for that particular slot