Apply for NABJ Chapter Grants
Spring deadline - February 15, Fall deadline- October 15
(Based on availability.)
The NABJ Chapter Grant is a financial award in an amount up to $500 given to NABJ student and professional chapters, in good standing. The NABJ Board of Directors intends for the grants to help and encourage NABJ chapters to develop programming that will benefit their membership and to sustain the associations longstanding mission of local community outreach.
Program Model: These - AABJ, ABMW, and BJASC are excellent example of the types of programs well suited for chapter grants.
All NABJ chapters that are eligible are encouraged to apply.
The grant will help underwrite selected proposals in the following areas: professional journalism development, community-based journalism partnerships and chapter start-up funds. The grant may not be used for chapter operations, scholarships, chapter travel to conventions or conferences, administrative costs or fund raising. The number of chapter grants awarded each year may vary, and NABJ aims to bestow such grants every spring and fall. Financial need may be considered by the selection committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Grant decisions will be based on a variety of criteria, including clarity of the proposal and whether the proposed program aligns with the grant's objectives. All award decisions are final. The fall deadline is October 15 and the spring deadline is February 15. Winners will be announced within 60 days of each deadline.
NABJ Chapter Grant Application below must include:
1) Grant application cover sheet.
2) A letter from the chapter president.
3) Grant amount requested, up to $500.
4) Proposal consisting of up to 500 words that describes how the funds will be used, and how the proposal will impact the chapter's membership or the chapter's community.
5) Projected event budget (include, if applicable, projected event costs and other revenue).
6) Other supporting materials or letters that may benefit the application are optional.
1) By submitting an application, chapters agree to use the funds for the proposed event within six months of the grant disbursement.
2) Chapters must write an event summary and submit supporting materials (program, pictures, etc.) to the national office within 30 days of the event.
3) Chapters should recognize the National Association of Black Journalists as an event sponsor.
For more information, contact Veronique Dodson, Membership Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NABJ Chapter Grant Application
Spring deadline - February 15, Fall deadline - October 15